We are seeking an individual who has experience working in low-income communities of color to help ensure the sustainability of Got Green through grassroots fundraising with individuals and major donors.
The Fundraiser Organizer will lead grassroots funding strategies with individuals and major donors, while building up the Got Green supporter base. Possessing both skills of a fundraiser and a community organizer, they will maintain relationships with current and potential donors of Got Green, while cultivating more leaders to strengthen a “ground-up” people of color-led environmental justice movement. They will build up a team of volunteers and leaders, the Fundraising Committee, to lead grassroots fundraising activities (Earth Day Green-a-thon, major donor fundraising, and electronic fundraising) while providing training and support to the team. A quarter of their work will be related to administrative and operational tasks to support the Executive Director and the organization overall.
The work is full-time and primarily in the South Seattle area.
- Develop and implement grassroots fundraising strategies to sustain Got Green’s work and build our membership base
- Work directly with Got Green’s core leaders and volunteers to plan and carry out activity and actions to meet our strategic fundraising objectives
- Develop one-on-one relationships with Got Green members, sponsors, and funders
- Lead the planning and training of Got Green members on basic-to-advanced grassroots fundraising and organizational development
- Lead fundraising projects, such as the annual Green-A-thon and E-fundraising days
- As required, serve as spokesperson for Got Green
- Assist the Executive Director in fund development planning, grants review, and site-visits
- Play a leadership role in Got Green to support the organization
- Represent Got Green’s mission, values, and objectives in all interactions with public
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES:
- Strong experience working with racially diverse populations
- Strong belief and demonstrated practice on racial, gender, or environmental justice issues
- Strong knowledge of and willingness to lead grassroots fundraising and leadership development activities
- Strong presentation skills to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of CiviCRM or other similar software used for constituency relationship management; knowledge or Quickbooks or similar programs
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- “Risk taker” and “Team Player”
- Detail-oriented and likes numbers
- Rooted in communities of color
- Ability to speak, write, and/or read a language in addition to English
- Knowledge of non-profit organizational management and structure
- Knowledge of fund development; relationships to funding community
- Possess valid WA State driver’s license and is/can be insured
Salary $42-47K Annually DOE plus good benefits
Got Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and also provide 3 experience references. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Projected start February 2015