Young Workers in the Green Economy Project Organizer – PHASE I
(April 1-July 31, 2013; $8,000 consulting contract based on average 20 hours/week at rate $25/hour. Option to renew to lead PHASE II, August 1 – Nov 30 depending on performance.)
Contract staff position leading a new grassroots project to survey young adults of color (ages 18-35) about jobs, unemployment, access to training and education, and the green economy and to recruit them into leadership roles in Got Green.
* Plan and support volunteer steering committee meetings and communicate regularly with project volunteers
* Support steering committee to develop and implement a face-to-face survey with at least 150 young adults (18-35) of color and young people from immigrant families
* Recruit, train and support community volunteers from racially diverse backgrounds to collect surveys; do data entry; design materials; speak publicly about the project and more
* Conduct regular community outreach resulting in low income young adults of color and other young workers 1) completing surveys; 2) joining the project; 3)attending meetings and events
* Find volunteers to design and translate fliers, surveys and outreach sheets in at least 3 languages
* Conduct at least two “community roundtable” with at least 16 survey participants attending
* Work with Got Green staff to complete quarterly project invoices and reports; submit timely invoices and receipts
* Publicly represent the Young Workers in the Green Economy Project in an authentic and professional manner; be willing to speak about personal experiences with poverty and other issues facing Southeast Seattle residents
* Demonstrated commitment – through volunteer activities or paid employment – to improving conditions for young workers, people of color, and low income families;
* Demonstrated experience leading community projects; organizing campaigns; or special events;
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to connect with low income/working class young people of color;
* Responsible, accountable and possesses good follow through;
* Paid or volunteer experience with a variety of community outreach methods including door knocks, survey or petition collection, home visits and other face-to-face outreach method;
* Decent writing skills and computer literacy. Strong writing, computer and/or multi-media skills a plus.
SEND RESUME, BRIEF PERSONAL STATEMENT, & 2 REFERENCES TO CONTACT TO: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 24, 2013. Call Kristyn Joy at 206-327-0324 w/questions.